Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MORNING PRAYER (July 1, 2009)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight."
(Proverbs 3:5 & 6, NIV)

How many times have I not acknowledged You, and taken things into my own hands, Lord? Far too many. All to often I get in the way and interfere. My impatience causes me to push Your hands away from orchestrating the plans You have for my life - my fingers squeeze through Yours in an attempt to do things "my" way. As a result, I learn lessons "the hard way", because "my" plans fail and lead me to walk a crooked path...forgive me, Father.

God, show me how to hold Your hand - to trust You - and wait for Your guidance and instructions. Don't let me run ahead of You, please.

Lord I ask for Your forgiveness,
and help in trusting You.
Hold back my shoving fingers,
don't let me push them through.
Help me to acknowledge
You, and all Your ways.
Let me lean on You, Lord,
Who's worthy of all praise.

...through Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment