Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MORNING PRAYER (July 7, 2009)

"Let us throw off everything that hinders
and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance
the race marked out for us."
(Hebrews 12:1, NIV)

Lord, I want to run the race of life on the path You have carved out for me...I want to win! Please show me that path, and give me the ability, patience, perseverance, strength and endurance needed to run the race that leads me to You. Give me speed to outrun sin that so easily entangles my feet, and makes my heart and soul weary, and let me shed all that hinders me from reaching the finish line where You will be standing waiting for me - waiting with open arms.

Lord,

Show me the path You've carved out,
and the tracks that Jesus made.
Take my hand and lead me where
I'll journey, unafraid.

Give me the speed to outrun sin,
that's known to tie me down.
Help me shed what hinders me
from winning Your glorious crown.

Bring into view Your shining face
and arms stretched out for me.
Encourage my soul to run each day,
and make my eyes to see.

I pray this in the name of the One who encourages and inspires me to run each day through Him. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment