Thursday, June 11, 2009

MORNING PRAYER (June 9, 2009)

"Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.
He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him."
(Psalm 126:5 & 6, NIV)

I am thankful for tears of sadness and pain, Lord, as they water seeds of joy for those who believe in You. When sorrow and pain cause me great distress, You hold my heart in Your hands and tenderly tend to its wounds. Although I do not like to suffer, I am grateful for the times it comes upon me, because it allows me to grow in You, and You see me through the growing pains.
Lord, I am aware that I will continue to experience seasons of heartache and hurt throughout life, however, I know You will lead me to the road of joy, if I trust and follow You...Please take my hand and never let go...In Jesus' name I ask. Amen.

Those who go out weeping
and trust the Lord above,
will carry seeds to sow
that reap God's joy and love.
Their tears will water seeds
and cause them all to grow
in the Lord, our God,
and joy they'll come to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment