Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Praise God, the Father of compassion and comfort (August 24, 2009)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our troubles,
so that we can comfort those in any trouble
with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
(2 Corinthians 1:3, NIV)

God, You are the source of all mercy and kindness - the Father of compassion that gives me strength when I am troubled - You encourage me to move on and not to focus on my burdens. When I travel through the valley of discouragement or sadness, You walk with me - never am I alone when my heart is with You.

Father, You allowed me to grow through each trial and tribulation I have experienced; because of this, You have equipped me to understand and comfort others in their times of need...through Jesus Christ. Amen.



____________________________
With love, friendship, hope & prayer,

© Kristine Stanton

No comments:

Post a Comment