Saturday, September 5, 2009

Come to Me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest (August 28, 2009)

"Come to Me,
all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you
and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy
and My burden is light."
(Matthew 11:28-30, NIV)

Father, I pray for those who are weary and carry a heavy heart. May they find their way to rest at Your feet, and leave their burdens in Your care - Please release them from the weight of their yokes, and make them light. Let them learn from You, and witness your gentle and kind heart.

I've acquired burdens
along the path of life,
and do not wish to keep them,
because they've caused me strife.

My yoke is far too heavy
to carry one more night.
The earth is dark and dreary
and I can't see Your Light.

Show me where You are, Lord,
I want to come to You,
to give You all my burdens,
and bid them all adieu.

...in Jesus' Name. Amen.
________________________
With love, friendship, hope & prayer,

© Kristine Stanton

No comments:

Post a Comment